- Actively are showing symptoms
- Been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Require testing to return-to-work
- Require testing to travel or attend an event
We offer PCR COVID-19 testing with fast results.
This test will detect if you are actively infected with the COVID-19 virus. Tests are administered via a nasal swab, and results are typically next day**. PCR tests are more accurate and often required if you are returning-to-work or traveling to certain places. In general there is a higher probability of false results from the home tests and rapid tests.
If your test results are positive, one of our medical providers will meet with you to determine proper course of treatment – which may be self-quarantining at home.
* For patients with Insurance, the COVID-19 test is currently covered with no out-of-pocket cost. Depending on your insurance carrier, patients may share cost (deductible, copay, or coinsurance) with their insurance carrier for the associated office visit. We recommend contacting your insurance provider ahead of your visit to confirm they will fully cover the cost of your AccessMD office visit for COVID-19 testing. Any other necessary service charges beyond COVID-19 testing will apply.
For patients with no insurance, we offer self-pay options. Learn More Here.
** Tests performed Sunday – Thursday will be resulted next-day (sometimes same-day) and Friday – Saturday tests will be resulted on the following Monday.